Concerned Family or Friend

It can be difficult to know what to do if you suspect a friend or neighbour is a victim of domestic abuse. Advice on how to help and support a friend is detailed here.

In an emergency always call 999. It is important to report any incident of domestic abuse where a child is present, or where the woman is pregnant, to the Local Authority Children’s Social Care Services at county level to ensure the children’s safety. More information for family and friends is detailed below: